When it comes to displaying quilts, there are a lot of different options out there. But if you’re looking for a classic, elegant way to show off your quilt, a wooden quilt hanger is the way to go. Here are just a few of the many things you can do with a wooden quilt hanger!
Display Your Quilt
First and foremost, a wooden quilt hanger is the perfect way to display your quilt. Whether you’re displaying it in your home or at a quilt show, a wooden hanger will show off your quilt in the best possible light. Plus, it’s a great way to protect your quilt from damage.
Protect Your Quilt
As we mentioned, one of the best things about wooden quilt hangers is that they protect your quilt from damage. Hanging your quilt on a wall is a great way to protect it from dust, sunlight, and other damaging elements.
Store Your Quilt
Wooden quilt hangers are also great for storing your quilt when you’re not using it. If you don’t have a lot of storage space, a wooden hanger is a great way to save space. Plus, it’s a great way to keep your quilt in good condition.
There are so many uses for wooden quilt hangers! Whether you’re looking to display your quilt, protect it, or store it, a wooden hanger is the way to go.
Here’s what you’ll need to build a quilt hanger:
-1×2 lumber (enough to span the width of your quilt plus a few inches)
-1/4″ dowel rod (optional)
-Paint or Stain (optional)
-Quilt Clips (optional)
1. Cut your lumber to size. You’ll need enough to span the width of your quilt plus a few inches. For example, if your quilt is 40″ wide, you’ll need to cut two 41″ long pieces of lumber.
2. Drill four holes evenly spaced along the top piece of lumber. These will be for attaching the quilt hanger to the wall.
3. If you want to be able to hang multiple quilts on your hanger, drill two holes in the center of the bottom piece of lumber. These will be for attaching a dowel rod.
4. Paint or stain your quilt hanger, if desired.
5. Attach the quilt hanger to the wall using screws and wall anchors.
6. If you drilled holes for a dowel rod, insert the rod now and secure it in place with screws.
7. Hang your quilt on the hanger using quilt clips or pins.
That’s it! You now have a beautiful wooden and space-saving way to display your quilt.